Tuesday, June 16, 2009

cakes?


The outrageous price of college has made me rethink my future.
Illustration is not a career that will pay off loans for a school that costs 40 G a year.
I thought about animation but quickly realized that I could not spend that much time in front of a computer screen.
I thought about teaching art. For a long time. And my boyfriend told me honestly that I may not be cut out for dealing with bratty kids... i think he's right.
I need to do something creative and with my hands.
So right now I am thinking about cake decorating and getting a business degree.
It is still a baby idea, but I wanted to try my hand at it.
Here's my first attempt at fondant and handmade sugar flowers.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Wow that's great especially for a first attempt!!! You might be onto something there. I know what you mean about the cost of art college and finding a job at the end of it that will provide you a decent amount of money. I went to art school and dropped out in the end for the same reasons except I took a boring old desk job, but I needed the money at the time. This was a while ago. I also think though that I wasn't motivated enough at the time to put in enough effort while I was there. I do regret dropping out but I had my reasons at the time and I feel like I've come full circle again and now I'm looking at how I could incorporate art into a job.......I think cake decorating is a good idea, and could be a great creative outlet for you.....keep up your painting though, you're a great artist!!